Introducing Alex Zomerfeld for this week's HP-Athlete
1)Where do you currently train?
Port CrossFit/Quinnipiac University
2)How long have you been training in this field of sport?
A little over a year
3) What is your background in training/sports you played growing up?
Always worked out, played multiple sports growing up, college lacrosse and still currently play professional lacrosse
4) Do you currently have any aspirations to compete in the open or regionals? Have you been doing so?
Would love to compete in open/regionals
5) What is your favorite lift/movement?
6) What movement do you need to work on?
Snatch and gymnastics
7) What are your long term goals in training? (more than 2 years)
A. Power Clean. Squat Clean; 1.1 x 5, rest 10s/2m (drop power clean and rest :10 before squat clean)
B. Back Squat; 3-2-1-3-2-1; rest 2-3m (2nd wave heavier)
4 Sets- Max Reps:
:30 Back Squat @50% 1RM
Rest 30 sec
:60 Wall Balls
Rest 2 min
C. GH Raises @ 30X0; 8-10 x 3 sets, rest 2m (modify harder or easier as desired)