This weeks Athlete spotlight James Cashin. James has been following our competitor blog for over a year now. A few solid numbers Id like to add to his spotlight.
Split jerk @ start 225lb; Now 280lb
Snatch @ start 145lb; Now 205lb
Clean @ start 225lb; Now 275lb
*All this being done with maintaining aerobic ability. i.e 2k at about 7 min; 1 mile run at about 6:15; and 10 min max cals on assault @ 165 cals
James Cashin @ Beast of the East 2015
1) Where do you currently train? Country/type of gym
Port Jefferson Station, NY
2) How long have you been training in this field of sport?
A year and a half
3) What is your background in training/ sports you played growing up?
4) Do you currently have any aspirations to compete in the open or regionals? Have you been doing so?
I'm planning on competing in the open next year.
5) What is your favorite lift/movement?
6)What movement do you need to work on?
7) What are your long term goals in training? (more than 2 years)
Remain healthy and injury free is my top priority. I would also like to compete in the open and improve my ranking year by year
A. Squat Clean. Below knee Hang squat Clean; 1 complex OTM for 6 min @ about 70%rm of sq clean
B. Back Squat; 3 reps x 8 sets; rest 2:30-3:00 (heavier than last week)
EMOM for 12 Minutes:
1st- 10 UB Thruster @95-115/65-75lb
2nd- :20 amrap bmu
3rd- 30 sec max DU's
Rest 6 min
EMOM for 6 Minutes:
1st- 15 Double KB FS @16kg/arm/ 12kg/arm
2nd- Max UB Strict C2B Pullups
3rd- Max UB Strict Pullup