Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Monday October 12, 2015-

HPA GOLD:
A. PC. Hang Clean. FS- build to a tough set
B. BS @20x1; 4 reps x6 sets; rest 2-3m (start mod/tough)
C1. 10-12 TnG Power Clean, rest 45s
C2. 15 T2B AFAP, rest 45s
C3. 15 Burpee AFAP, rest 90s x4 sets
*Start moderate on PC, build each set, but stay UB. 


Note- GOLD will be starting a new training phase this week. If you plan on following along leading up to, and through, the opens shoot me an email at Evanpeikon@gmail.com with the subject line "RE: HPA GOLD" as I'm making a new avatar for the group. 

HPA - Power 
A. High Hang Squat snatch, work to moderate double 
B. Front Squat, moderate set of 4 reps x 5 sets rest 2 min b/t sets 
C1. DB Single Leg RDL, 8 reps/leg x 4 sets rest :30 
C2. FLR on Rings, :45-:60 x 4 sets rest :30 
D. 10 min low effort Row 

Note - Power program is starting a new training phase next week. This week is going to be a moderate/transition week for those who may be a little beat up. I understand that there are a few followers that are one week behind so this will give everyone a chance to catch up. After having conversations with our followers a few months ago, it is to my understanding that quite a few athletes will be competing in the CF open. That being said, without going down a rabbit hole of "theoretic" opinions, I am still going to design a program to increase strength, olympic proficiency and gymnastic density however I am also going to get into some mixed modal prep. Depending on your goal for this years open (while understanding the numbers you need to achieve those goals), Now may be a good time to discuss whether to transition over to our GOLD program. There are quite a few athletes who may do "well" by becoming more "powerful" than they already are, and on the contrary, there are just as many athletes who can do just as "well" by becoming more "aerobic"... lots of quotes, I know... they are there for a reason. Feel free to shoot me over an email @ Kyle@portcrossfit.com to discuss what may be a viable option for you heading into this years CrossFit open season.

5 comments:

  1. I'll be picking up this week starting tomorrow. Worked last night and didn't get much rest with my boys running around. My rest days will vary based on work schedule and sleep/rest. Should I post on the current or the day I'm doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually post make up work/missed work on the day that it goes with on the blog.

      Delete
  2. Power:

    Had a team comp on Saturday. Today was maybe a little off.

    A. 175
    B. 205
    C. 3/4 completed.

    I then rolled around on the floor for a while as my hamstrings cramped. Thought I was going to have to crawl around to run class after training. Guess some dehydration from comp weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completed on 10/13/15

    Results
    A) 195#, Missed clean at 205#.
    Felt slow under the bar today.
    B) 185#, 225#, 245#, 265#, 275#, 275#
    C1) Completed @115# all sets UB
    C2) UB, UB, UB, 7+3+3+2
    C3) All set UB
    *Grip fatigued on last set of T2B.
    *Performance is hit or miss, due to working the night shift. Some days I feel good others way off. Some days I feel like I can get enough rest. Strength is very up and down

    ReplyDelete